Friday, November 21, 2008

Recording Session







This was my third visit with my mentor, I was finally ready to work the mixing board and actually record a band from scratch. I first had to set the studio up as usual which took about 40 minutes. I was really nervous to make a good impression on the band. They had paid money to the recording company and were expecting a great product. Luckily everything went great! I ended up feeling really comfortable around the band and everything went smoothly. I would have to say the actual mixing that goes on after everything is recorded is the hardest part. I wanted everything to sound absolutely perfect and I made sure it did. The entire process took over seven hours but in the end I gained a ton of experience got a big part of my final product done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Dustin Thomas. Im a senior at Hickory Ridge Highschool and selected the topic of music production and engineering for my senior project.